Simplify our holidays

This last couple of months I have been receiving more advertising than ever in my mail account. All about  holiday sales, discounts, gift ideas and so on, seriously, I have got to the point that I don’t even read most of my mail because I already know is junk.

I do realize that exchanging gifts is a really nice part of Christmas holidays, but with all the consumerist craziness sometimes we get overwhelmed about what to give to others and how much to spend on Christmas gifts, either if they are for someone else or ourselves.

In this post I’d like to suggest to you a small list of DIY Christmas gift ideas that I found nice and inexpensive and this year I ask to all my readers to re-adjust our balance between the real meaning of Christmas and consumerism and simplify our holidays and our life. Let’s be grateful for what we already have and enjoy this seasons with the people we love J

Instructions: Cookie mix in a jar (HERE), Sharpie mug (HERE), Terrarium Kit (HERE

Estos últimos meses he recibido más publicidad de la cuenta en mi correo. Obviamente toda es referente a descuentos y promociones de la temporada Navideña, tanta que he llegado al punto de no leer la mayoría de mis correos al saber que casi siempre es basura.

Creo que una parte importante de la navidad es recibir y dar regalos a las personas que apreciamos, pero toda esta locura del consumismo nos hace preocuparnos por lo que regalaremos o cuanto gastaremos en ello más de la cuenta, ya sea para alguien más o para nosotros mismos.

En este post les comparto algunas ideas de regalos navideños hechos a mano y muy baratos y también sugiero a todos los que leen mi blog que este año hagamos balanza entre el verdadero significado de la Navidad y el consumismo, simplifiquemos nuestros festejos y al mismo tiempo nuestra vida siendo agradecidos por lo que ya tenemos y disfrutándolo en esta temporada con la gente que amamos J

2 comments:

  1. Hacía mucho que no pasabamos por aquí, no habíamos visto que te habías cortado el pelo, GUAPÍSIMA!! :)

    ReplyDelete